BABA Ganoush recipe
2 large aubergines
15g smoked garlic
20ml pomace oil
10g lemon juice
4g Maldon sea salt
5g picked mint leaves
1 tsp sumac
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Prick the aubergines all over with a small knife and then place over flames or on a barbecue. Remove from the heart when all of the skin is blackened and the flesh in the centre feels soft. This usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
2. Once cold, peel the burnt skin from the outside of the aubergine – you do not need to be to precise with this as a little skin adds a darker colour to the finished dip.
3. Blend the aubergine flesh with the tahini, smoked garlic, pomace oil, lemon juice and sea salt.
4. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
5. Spoon the BABA ganoush onto the plate and make a slight well in the middle. Top with pomegranate seeds, a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, sumac and mint leaves.
6. Serve with freshly grilled pitta.